[QXL-Desktop] How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click (Video)
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 16 October 2017 02:40 PM
How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click (Video)
How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click?
Please refer below steps & video for building shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click.
Requires - QXL v17.0.0.023 or Above. Click here to download the latest version of QXL Desktop.
1. Start QuickBooks & load your company file & login to your company file as an Admin.
2. Start QXL using QXL shortcut placed on your desktop & click "Export" button.
3. QuickBooks will prompt for authorizing QXL to connect with QuickBooks. Please accept the certificates.
4. After accepting certificate QXL will start exporting your company file data.
5. Close QXL after the export is completed.
6. Create a QXL Parameter file from default parameter file. When you install QXL at that time sample parameter file is installed at "C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\QXL\" folder. Copy default parameter file & paste it into the same folder & rename pasted parameter file with your company file name.
7. Open renamed parameter file & use "CompanyFilePath" parameter from the file & provide your company file path in the parameter file. In this tutorial, We have used export mode "Direct" you can change export mode as per your requirement. You can add/update other parameters in a text file as per your requirement & save parameter file. You can refer QXL Command line arguments/parameters for more details about QXL Parameters.
8. Make a copy of the QXL shortcut & rename it with your company file name.
9. Copy the file path of your parameter file & add it to your QXL shortcut file. Right-click on QXL shortcut file click "Properties" & add parameter file path in double quotation mark after QXL.exe in the target box & apply the shortcut changes by clicking "Apply" & "OK" button.
10. Double click the QXL shortcut to start exporting company file data automatically.
11. Similarly, You can create QXL shortcut for your other company files.