[QXL-Desktop] How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click (Video)
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 16 October 2017 02:40 PM
How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click (Video)
How to build shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click?
Please refer to the steps & video for building shortcuts to export multiple QuickBooks company files using QXL with one click.
Requires - QXL v17.0.0.023 or Above. Click here to download the latest version of QXL Desktop.
1. Start QuickBooks & load your company file & log in to your company file as an Admin.
2. Start QXL using the QXL shortcut placed on your desktop & click the "Export" button.
3. QuickBooks will prompt for authorizing QXL to connect with QuickBooks. Please accept the certificates.
4. After accepting the certificate, QXL will export your company file data.
5. Close QXL after the export is completed.
6. Create a QXL Parameter file from a default parameter file. When you install QXL at that time sample parameter file is installed in the "C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\QXL\" folder. Copy the default parameter file & paste it into the same folder & rename pasted parameter file with your company file name.
7. Open renamed parameter file & use the "CompanyFilePath" parameter from the file & provide your company file path in the parameter file. In this tutorial, We have used the export mode "Direct" you can change the export mode as per your requirement. You can add/update other parameters in a text file as per your requirement & save the parameter file. You can refer to QXL Command line arguments/parameters for more details about QXL Parameters.
8. Make a copy of the QXL shortcut & rename it with your company file name.
9. Copy the file path of your parameter file & add it to your QXL shortcut file. Right-click on the QXL shortcut file, click "Properties," & add the parameter file path in the double quotation marks after QXL.exe in the target box & apply the shortcut changes by clicking the "Apply" & "OK" button.
10. Double-click the QXL shortcut to export company file data automatically.
11. Similarly, You can create a QXL shortcut for your other company files.
Also, refer to the following:
How to use QXL with the scheduler for multiple company files