[QODBC-Desktop] How to use M-Files with QODBC
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 14 February 2018 12:39 PM
How to use M-Files with QODBC
How to use M-Files with QODBC?
Please follow the below steps for using M-Files with QODBC.
1. Open M-Files Admin.
2. Expand the desired connection to M-Files Server in the left-side tree view.
3. In the left-side tree view, expand the document vault of your choice.
4. Still, expand the Metadata Structure (Flat View) node in the left-side tree view.
5. Select the Value Lists node for defining a value list to use an external database connection. The value list listing is opened in the right pane.
6. In the right-pane listing, right-click the value list of your choice and select "Properties" from the context menu.
7. Select the "Connection to External Database" tab & Enable the option "Use a connection to an external database to import and modify objects that reside in the external database.". Click the "Define..." button next to the OLE DB connection string (from the server) field.
8. On the Provider tab, select "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driver" from the list and click "Next >>."
9. Select "QuickBooks Data" DSN from the dropdown list & click "Test Connection."
Please Note: If you have a 64-bit application, you must use QRemote 64-bit DSN "QuickBooks Data 64-bit QRemote".
Test Connection successful.
10. Click "OK" to close the Data Link Properties dialog.
11. Back on the "Connection to External Database" tab, enter the SELECT statement for retrieving properties from the database to the SELECT statement field & Click the "Refresh Columns" button to fetch the data defined in your SELECT statement to the Columns listing.
For Example Select * from Customer
12. Map the Source Column properties with properties in your M-Files vault (listed in the Target Property column).
QuickBooks Data is added to M-Files using QODBC. You can make changes to the application as per your requirement.