QXL Pro Edition options and settings - ODBC
QXL Pro Edition options and settings / Configuration:
The first step in configuring the application is to click on settings icon for QXL options details & navigate to Pro Edition tab.
Pro Edition Tab:
Using Pro Edition Tab you can export QuickBooks Data into SQL Server & ODBC database. Please refer below details for each option.
1. SQL / ODBC Connection:- You can see the list of added connection from the drop-down list.
2. Add New:- You can add new SQL / ODBC connection by clicking on "Add New" button.
3. Connection Name:- You can insert any value for Connection Name. By using the Connection Name you can recognize SQL / ODBC connection which you want to configure.
4. Connection String:- You need to insert valid connection string for connecting to SQL / ODBC database.
Sample SQL Server Connection String Format: Server=myServerName\myInstanceName;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;
Sample ODBC Connection String Format: DSN = Data Source Name
5. Connection Type:- You can choose connection type using this option.
If you want to export data to SQL Server database, then Select "SQL Server Driver" as a Connection Type.
If you want to export data to ODBC database, then Select "ODBC Data Source" as a Connection Type.
6. TableName Prefix:- You can set Prefix before exported tables. The default TableName Prefix is "QXL". So all exported table name will have prefix "QXL" (i.e. QXLAccount, QXLCustomer, QXLInvoice etc..).
Note: You should use unique TableName Prefix which is not available in your database. If you use TableName Prefix which is already available in the destination database, then destination table data will be replaced.
For Example: If you use TableName Prefix "QB" & you already have a table in your database with Prefix "QB", then destination table data will be replaced with source data. To avoid this type of issue. You should use unique TableName Prefix which is not available in your database.
7. Mapping Type:- You can set ODBC Mapping Type for a different database from the drop-down list. You can select mapping type:
- Microsoft Access for MS Access database.
- Microsoft SQL Server for SQL Server database.
- MySQL Server for MySQL database.
- Firebird Database for Firebird database.
- Others/Custom Mapping for the rest of ODBC Database.
Others/Custom Mapping:- You can set custom mapping for different data type as per your destination database. If your ODBC database supports different datatype instead of below mentioned type, then you need to write datatype name in the textbox for the respective data type.
- Int16: It is a value type.It is signed and takes 16 bits. It's stored Minimum capacity -32768 and Maximum capacity +32767.
- Int32: It is a value type.It is signed and takes 32 bits. It's stored Minimum capacity -2147483648 and Maximum capacity +2147483647.
- Int64: It is a value type.It is signed and takes 64 bits. It's stored Minimum capacity –9,223,372,036,854,775,808and Maximum capacity +9,223,372,036,854,775,807.
- Boolean: The Boolean type represents the values true and false. Although only two values are possible, they are rarely implemented as a single binary digit for efficiency reasons. Boolean data simply refers to the logical structure of how the language is interpreted to the machine language.
- Byte: A group of binary digits or bits (usually eight) operated on as a unit.
- Decimal: A decimal number, or just decimal, refers to any number written in decimal notation, although it is more commonly used to refer to numbers that have a fractional part separated from the integer part with a decimal separator
- Double: Double-precision numbers store an approximation of a real number. Double precision floating-point. Will handle most decimals.
- DateTime: The DateTime type is used for values that contain both date and time parts.
- String: A string is a sequence of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable.
- Memo: A Memo field can be useful for storing large amounts alphanumeric information. Some typical uses for this data type would be a note, comments, description, or address field, The Memo data type allows up to 65,536 alphanumeric characters with options to set several properties such as rich text formatting.
- Keyword Escape Chars: It will be used to escape character mentioned in the first textbox with character mentioned in the second textbox.
For Example: If you want to change ` with ' , then you need to write ` in the first textbox & ' in the second textbox.
- Field Name Limit: If your database support limited length in table/field name, then you can setup limit from this textbox.
For Example: If you write 20 in the Field Name Limit text box, then all table & field name created within 20 character limit.
- Boolean Value: You can configure boolean value either 1:0 or True:False.
8. Delete:- You can delete unwanted connection by clicking on "Delete" button.
9. Save:- You can save/update connection information by clicking on "Save" button.