[QODBC-Online] How to use QODBC with QuickBooks Online Edition
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 11 March 2015 01:49 PM
How to use QODBC with QuickBooks Online Edition
Setup of QODBC Online:
First, we need to install QODBC Online. QODBC Online requires .Net Framework 4.0 or later version. So you need to install .Net Framework 4.0 to work with QODBC Online.
Now we have installed QODBC Online.
Configure QODBC Online:
Now we need to authorize & configure QODBC Online to work with QuickBooks Online.
2) By clicking on "Test Connection to QuickBooks Online" popup message appear for setup connection to QuickBooks Online. Please click ok.
3) By clicking "OK" open authorization screen. You need to authorize your company file to work with QODBC Online.
4) You need to enable popup.
5) Enter your QuickBooks User ID & Password, then click on "Sign In"
6) Select the company file which you want to use with QODBC Online. If you have multiple company file.
7) Click on "Authorize"
8) After successful authorization, it will return back to QODBC Online page as connected status. You can close this window.
9) You may face UAC error message. Please ignore this message. Test connection may fail because it is running in different user context.
10) Now we are testing the connection through VB Demo application. Please open VB Demo from:
11) Select "QuickBooks Online Data" & click on "OK":
You may face Error 653 " [QODBC] QB Begin Session Failed. Error Calling OpenQBConnection Returned Error: 653 ":
We would like to share that QuickBooks Online database is accessible via REST API ( web interface ) and few of the times, we do not get the timely response and connection may time out.
Below is the list of Customers:
Import / Export connection key:
If you want to connect same company file from another machine, then you can export connection key from one machine & import it to another machine.
Enter the name of connection key & choose the location where you want to save connection key:
Now connection key exported successfully. You can copy this connection key & paste it in another machine to import key on that machine.
Open connection key from the location where you keep the connection key:
Now the connection key imported successfully. You can connect to QuickBooks Online using this connection key.
Tags: QuickBooks Online, QBO, QODBC Online, setup of QODBC Online, connection, connection key