[QODBC-Desktop] How to use QlikView with QODBC
Posted by Rajendra Dewani (QODBC Support) on 08 July 2014 09:12 AM
How to use QlikView with QODBC
To use QlikView with QODBC, please follow the below steps.
2. Select Data Source. Click on Browse.
3. Please select the MS Excel file & click "Next."
4. Click "Next.
5. Save the QlikView file & Click "Next."
6. Select chart type & Click "Next."
7. Define dimensions & list boxes & click "Next".
8. Add expression & Click "Finish."
9. Now, please navigate to the file & click "Edit script."
10. Please select ODBC database & enable the "Force 32 Bit" option & click "Connect."
11. Select "QuickBooks Data" DSN & click "Test Connection."
12. QlikView locks up when we click the "Select" button on the Edit Script window. Please do not click on the Select button. You can write SQL statements as per your requirement & click on the "Reload" button to execute the script.
13. Choose a field that you want a show from tables that is returned by SQL statements & click on OK.
You can see the results. You can repeat the same process for other tables & fields.
Note : In case the QlikView designer is hanging when using "Select * from TableName," Please try changing the SQL Statement to include limited Fields, e.g., "Select ListID, FullName from Customer"