[QODBC-Desktop] How to use QlikView with QODBC
Posted by Rajendra Dewani (QODBC Support) on 08 July 2014 09:12 AM
How to use QlikView with QODBC
To use QlikView with QODBC, please follow the below steps.
2. Select Data Source. Click on Browse.
3. Please select MS Excel file & click "Next".
4. Click "Next.
5. Save QlikView file & Click "Next".
6. Select chart type & Click "Next".
7. Define dimensions & listboxes & click "Next".
8. Add expression & Click "Finish".
9. Now please navigate to file & click "Edit script".
10. Please select ODBC database & enable "Force 32 Bit" option & click "Connect".
11. Select "QuickBooks Data" DSN & click "Test Connection".
12. QlikView locks up when we click on "Select" button on Edit Script window. Please do not click on Select button. You can write SQL statement as per your requirement & click on "Reload" button to execute script.
13. Choose a field which you want a show from tables which is returned by SQL statements & click on OK.
You can see results. You can repeat same process for other tables & fields.
Note : In-case the QlikView designer is hanging when using "Select * from TableName", Please try changing SQL Statement to include limited Fields e.g. "Select ListID, FullName from Customer"