[QODBC-Desktop] Troubleshooting: Unable to connect to the QuickBooks database.
Posted by Rajendra Dewani (QODBC Support) on 17 April 2014 12:07 PM
Troubleshooting: Unable to connect to the QuickBooks database.
I installed the QODBC driver as a new install. I have configured the ODBC and made sure that the driver is referenced and checked in the Integrated Applications window in QuickBooks.
However, when I try to send the data from our software to QuickBooks, I get a message saying:
I tried to uninstall and reinstall QODBC several times but still got the same error.
I think there might be a QuickBooks database server that isn't running on your machine.
Please follow the below steps & check.
1. On your machine, click Start and type services. msc in the run area.
2. In the Services window, search for the QuickBooks server manager (QuickBooksDB20 for newer versions).
3. If older database managers run, stop them and set them to Disable.
4. Make sure the service is set to Automatic.
5. In the Recovery tab, ensure the first, second, and subsequent failures are set to Restart The Service and click OK.
6. Right-click the service and select either Start or Restart.