[QODBC-Desktop] Troubleshooting: TimeTracking / Transaction Table is Blank (Advanced Troubleshooting)
Posted by Rajendra Dewani (QODBC Support) on 11 December 2012 02:04 PM
The TimeTracking / Transaction table always return null/ no rows as a result. Tried to reset QODBC optimizer, but doesn't work.
If the Solution provided here does not work, please Advanced Troubleshooting.
SDKTest Plus 3:
How to get Input/Request XML using QODBC:
To get Input/Request XML using QODBC. You need to enable detail trace in QODBC. You can trace XML by following below steps:
1) Turn on Detail Trace from: Start >> All Programs >> QODBC Driver for use with QuickBooks >> Configure QODBC Data Source
Go To "System DSN" Tab, Select "QuickBooks Data" DSN & click "Configure".
Navigate to "Message" Tab & enable "Detail Tracing (Slow)" option.
2) Switch to "Advanced" tab & Select "Add XML to Detail Trace Log"
3) Apply the changes. Close all the applications. ( If any of the application is already connected, QODBC will not start logging ) Connect again.
4) Please execute the query which causing the issue.
5) Please check Detail trace file. You can check trace logs from QODBC Setup Screen>>Message Tab>> Review Trace Logs.
6) You can get XML by finding "XML Input" keyword in the trace log file. Open trace log file navigates to end of the file & find "XML Input" in the upward direction.
You will get <TransactionQueryRq> an input XML.
Please save this XML file & use this XML in SDKTestPlus3 tool. Please verify that there is no white space in XML. If you find any white space, then please remove it & save XML.
7) Now we have an Input XML file use this XML file in SDKTestPlus3 tool by following below steps.
8) Turn off Details trace by disabling "Detail Tracing (Slow)" option from "Message" tab.
How to use SDKTestPlus3 for Advanced Troubleshooting:
1. Enable QuickBooks SDK Verbose logs:
The QuickBooks log file does not typically contain enough information for effective troubleshooting when there is a QuickBooks internal error. To check QuickBooks internal error, need to enable Verbose logs.
Please follow below steps to enable verbose logs:
If you are still not able to find qbsdk.ini file, then you can refer below path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\qbsdk.ini
If you can't find the file, or directory do a Start - Run - "c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks" <enter> and then edit qbsdk.ini. If qbsdk.ini is not there, just create it. Make sure that the file is not a text file, but a config file otherwise QuickBooks will not pick up the file.
Add or modify the following lines:
In the "[LOG]" section, change "LEVEL" from "info" to "verbose". You can backup original qbsdk.ini before making any changes, So after fetching verbose logs, you can replace it with original qbsdk.ini file.
2. Open SDKTestPlus3. If your company file is open in QuickBooks, then leave first box blank otherwise provide company file path through Browse button.
3. Open Request file: Click on Browse button.
Navigate to Input file path & select Input file by clicking on the Open button.
4. Open Connection: After selecting Input file click Open Connection button to Open Connection.
You can see Request XML by clicking on View Input button.
Click on Begin Session button for Initiating Session to QuickBooks.
QuickBooks will ask you permission for this driver to access your QuickBooks data. Check the “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running” option and then click on the “Continue…” button to confirm.
Click on Yes button to process further.
Click on Done.
5.Send Request XML: After accepting QuickBooks certificate, Please click on "Send XML to Request Processor" for processing request.
Request processing is completed. You will notice that View Output button is enabled now. Click on View Output button to view- Response XML.