[QODBC-Desktop] Troubleshooting: TimeTracking / Transaction Table is Blank (Advanced Troubleshooting)
Posted by Rajendra Dewani (QODBC Support) on 11 December 2012 02:04 PM
The TimeTracking / Transaction table always returns null/ no rows. I tried to reset the QODBC optimizer, but it didn't work.
If the Solution provided here does not work, please use Advanced Troubleshooting.
Download the SDKTest Plus 3 using the following link.
Direct download link - SDKTestPlus3.exe
How to get Input/Request XML using QODBC:
To get Input/Request XML using QODBC. You need to enable "Detail tracing(Slow)" in QODBC. You can trace XML by the below steps:
1) Turn on Detail Trace from: Start >> All Programs >> QODBC Driver for use with QuickBooks >> Configure QODBC Data Source
Go To the "System DSN" tab, Select "QuickBooks Data" DSN & click "Configure."
Navigate to the "Message" Tab & enable the "Detail Tracing (Slow)" option.
2) Switch to the "Advanced" tab & Select "Add XML to Detail Trace Log."
3) Apply the changes. Close all the applications. ( If any of the application is already connected, QODBC will not start logging ) Connect again.
4) Please execute the query which is causing the issue.
5) Please check the Detail trace file. You can check trace logs from QODBC Setup Screen>>Message Tab>> Review Trace Logs.
6) You can get XML by finding the "XML Input" keyword in the trace log file. An open trace log file navigates to the end of the file & finds "XML Input" in the upward direction.
You will get <TransactionQueryRq> an input XML.
Please save this XML file & use this XML in the SDKTestPlus3 tool. Please verify that there is no white space in XML. If you find any white space, then please remove it & save XML.
7) The steps below show us an Input XML file using this XML file in the SDKTestPlus3 tool.
8) Turn off Details trace by disabling the "Detail Tracing (Slow)" option from the "Message" tab.
How to use SDKTestPlus3 for Advanced Troubleshooting:
1. Enable QuickBooks SDK Verbose logs:
The QuickBooks log file does not typically contain enough information for effective troubleshooting when there is a QuickBooks internal error. To check QuickBooks' internal error, you need to enable Verbose logs.
Please follow the below steps to enable verbose logs:
If you are still not able to find the qbsdk.ini file, then you can refer to the below path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
If you can't find the file or directory, do a Start - Run - "c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks" <enter> and edit qbsdk.ini. If qbsdk.ini is not there, create it. Ensure that the file is not a text file but a config file; otherwise, QuickBooks will not pick up the file.
Please look for the file "qbsdk.ini"
Add or modify the following lines:
In the "[LOG]" section, change "LEVEL" from "info" to "verbose." You can back up the original qbsdk.ini before making any changes, So after fetching verbose logs, you can replace it with the original qbsdk.ini file.
NOTE: The above steps will enable QuickBooks verbose logging. Please make sure the QuickBooks application has been closed, and no "qbw32.exe" or "qbw.exe" process is running.
Be sure to turn off verbose logging once you've gathered the necessary information. Verbose logging slows down QuickBooks considerably, and the log files can grow extremely large.
Please look for the file "qbsdk.ini"
2. Open SDKTestPlus3. If your company file is open in QuickBooks, leave the first box blank; otherwise, provide the company file path through the Browse button.
3. Open Request file: Click on the Browse button.
Navigate to the Input file path & select Input file by clicking on the Open button.
4. Open Connection: After selecting the Input file, click the Open Connection button to Open Connection.
You can see Request XML by clicking on the View Input button.
Click on Begin Session button to Initiating Session in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks will ask you permission for this driver to access your QuickBooks data. Check the "Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running" option and click on the "Continue…" button to confirm.
Click on the Yes button to process further.
Click on Done.
5. Send Request XML: After accepting the QuickBooks certificate, Please click on "Send XML to Request Processor" to process the request.
Request processing is completed. You will notice that the View Output button is enabled now. Click on the View Output button to view- Response XML.
Use the file: transactionquery.xml ( for Transaction, Click here to Download )
The Broken links for SDKTestPlus3 are corrected.
Please let us know the QBResponse.xml after you have tested it with SDKTestPlus3