[QODBC-Online] How to use QODBC Online with QlikView
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 20 August 2015 09:44 AM
How to use QODBC Online with QlikView
To use QlikView with QODBC Online, please follow the below steps.
2. Select Data Source. Click on Browse.
3. Please select the MS Excel file & click "Next."
4. Click "Next."
5. Save the QlikView file & Click "Next."
6. Select chart type & Click "Next."
7. Define dimensions & list boxes & click "Next".
8. Add expression & Click Finish
9. Now, please navigate to the file & click on Edit Script.
10. Please select ODBC database & enable the "Force 32 Bit" option & click on Connect.
11. Select "QuickBooks Online Data" DSN & click on Test Connection.
12. QlikView locks up when we click the "Select" button on the Edit Script window. Please do not click on the Select button. You can write SQL statements as per your requirement & click on the "Reload" button to execute the script.
13. Choose a field that you want a show from tables that is returned by SQL statements & click on OK.
You can see the results. You can repeat the same process for other tables & fields.
Note: In case the QlikView designer is hanging when using "Select * from TableName," Please try changing the SQL Statement to include limited Fields, e.g., "Select ListID, Name from Customer"
Tags: QuickBooks Online, QBO, Qlikview, QODBC Online