[QODBC-Online] How to use QODBC with QuickBooks Online Edition
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 11 March 2015 01:49 PM
How to use QODBC with QuickBooks Online Edition
Setup of QODBC Online:
First, we need to install QODBC Online. QODBC Online requires .NET Framework 4.0 or a later version. So you need to install .NET Framework 4.0 to work with QODBC Online.
Now we have installed QODBC Online.
Configure QODBC Online:
Now we need to authorize & configure QODBC Online to work with QuickBooks Online.
Switch to System SDN>> Select the default "QODBC Online Data" DSN>> Click On Configure>>
In QODBC Online Setup Screen, Click on "Test Connection to QuickBooks Online"
By clicking on "Test Connection to QuickBooks Online" a popup message appears to authorize the connection to QuickBooks Online.
To authorize the QuickBooks Online company file, please click on "Connect To QuickBooks"
3) By clicking "Connect To QuickBooks". You need to authorize your company file to work with QODBC Online.
4) You need to enable a popup.
5) Enter your QuickBooks User ID & Password, then click on "Sign In"
6) Select the company file which you want to use with QODBC Online. If you have multiple company files.
7) Click on "Authorize"
8) After successful authorization, it will return back to QODBC Online page as connected status. You can close this window.
9) You may face a UAC error message. Please ignore this message. Test connection may fail because it is running in different user contexts.
10) Now, we will test the connection using QODBC Online Test Tool. Please open QODBC Online Test Tool from:
11) Please select the "QuickBooks Online Data" DSN from the dropdown list & click on "Connect".
You may face Error the following 653 "ERROR  [QODBC ONLINE] QuickBooks message: 653".
We would like to share that the QuickBooks Online database is accessible via REST API ( web interface ) and a few times, we do not get a timely response and the connection may time out.
12) You can see we are able to connect to DSN from QODBC Online Test Tool. Please write your SQL statement & click on "Run".
Import / Export connection key:
If you want to connect the same company file from another machine, then you can export the connection key from one machine & import it to another machine.
Enter the name of the connection key & choose the location where you want to save the connection key:
Now connection key is exported successfully. You can copy this connection key & paste it into another machine to import the key on that machine.
Open connection key from the location where you keep the connection key:
Now the connection key is imported successfully. You can connect to QuickBooks Online using this connection key.
Tags: QuickBooks Online, QBO, QODBC Online, setup of QODBC Online, connection, the connection key