[QODBC-Desktop] How to use MS Access as Middleware with QODBC
Posted by Jack - QODBC Support on 05 August 2014 12:51 PM
How to use MS Access as Middleware with QODBC
When using Prepared Statements with QRemote driver, then it throws an error called ODBC driver not supported. How can I use Prepared Statements with QODBC/QRemote?
You may be using a function/feature which is not supported by the ODBC driver. You can use MS-Access as middleware, i.e. Create linked tables in MS-Access, connect your application to MS-Access, MS-Access has a linked table connecting to QRemote or QODBC.
First, you need to create the linked table in MS Access. Please refer to the mentioned article for creating the linked table in MS Access.
Now we are creating MS Access DSN that points to the Access database file which we created in the above steps. Please follow the below steps for creating MS Access DSN.
2) Choose "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)" & click on "Finish" button.
3) Enter DSN name & description & click on select.
4) Provide MS Access database file location, which we created earlier & click on "OK".
5) Click on "OK" to save DSN.
6) Newly created DSN is available in the DSN list.
7) Now, we will use this DSN as a Middleware. We will test this DSN with our QODBC Test Tool application. Please open QODBC Test Tool from:
8) Please select newly created DSN from the dropdown list & click on "Connect".
9) You can see we are able to connect to MS Access DSN from QODBC Test Tool. Please write your SQL statement & click on "Run".
You can see we are able to fetch data with MS Access DSN from QODBC Test Tool.